One of the best ways to see the island of Maui, and especially West Maui is from a helicopter. From stunning views of sea cliffs and picturesque waterfalls to the majestic West MauiMountains, your helicopter pilot will ensure you have a smooth ride while providing indepth knowledge of Maui and its history.
We recommend flying Air Maui and suggest you reserve morning flight times … morning is typically the clearest time of the day and clouds are less of a factor.
Air Maui offers the following tours:
- 45 minute Hana / Haleakala tour covers the lunar-like surface of volcanic Haleakala Crater, the “7 pools” of Oheo, Hana Town, and the rugged waterfall coastline of the north shore rain forest.
- 60 minute Complete Island tour covers all the sites in the 45 minute Hana / Haleakala flight but also adds the highlights of the West Maui Mountains.
- 45 minute West Maui / Molokai flight covers the coastline of the West Maui Mountains and then crosses the channel to the island of Molokai with its amazing 3,000 foot vertical sea cliffs and the tallest waterfall in the state of Hawaii.
- 60 minute West Maui / Molokai flight adds additional time at Molokai, including aerial views of the Kalaupapa Penninsula (and Father Damien’s leper colony) as well as more time to explore the West Maui Mountains. This is BY FAR our favorite flight and the one we most highly recommend!
- 75 minute West Maui / Molokai w/ Oceanfront Landing tour adds a touchdown at Air Maui’s private landing location on the North shore of Maui. This tour is a 45 minute flight with a 30 minute ground stop. Tuesdays and Thursday mornings only.
- 75 minute Hana / Haleakala w/ Cliffside Landing tour includes a touchdown at Air Maui’s private location. This tour is a 45 minute flight with a 30 minute ground stop.
NOTE: For the comfort and safety of all passengers, Air Maui requires anyone who weighs over 240 pounds to purchase an additional seat which will be left empty. This policy is necessary because helicopters have limited internal space and overall passenger weights must be calculated prior to take-off to ensure that the vehicle’s limitations are not exceeded. This charge may be waived for tall individuals who just exceed the limit if other members in their party are much lighter.
For more information and booking, visit https://www.airmaui.com.